59 Academy Road, Winnipeg Manitoba
204 475 6898
We exist because of God's great love for us. Through the work of the Holy Spirit we receive a passion for God's word, prayer, and the Sacraments giving us spiritual strength. This enables us to be a community of the true faith in Christ to serve and care for all people, following his example and connecting others to Him.
- We exist to love God and one another. (Matthew 22:37-39, 1 John 4: 7-12)
- We are to be focused on God and what He has done for us. (Deut. 13:4;Heb. 12:2; John 3:16)
- We are to speak the Truth in Love... a. to people who don't know. (1 Cor. 9: 19-23) b. to people who do know. (Eph.4:15; 1 Thess. 5:11)
- By God's Grace we strive to "Live what it looks like", being visible examples to others of what the Church means to us. (Isaiah 2:5; Matt.5:14-16; Eph. 5:1,2)
- To do so with God's Power in the Holy Spirit, and on our knees.(Ps.46:1; 1 Peter 5:6)
The following are just some of the values that we, as Lutheran Church of the Redeemer members, follow in our actions. These five were considered those values of highest priority by congregational members.
2. Love and Fruits of the Spirit (as defined in Galations 5:22,23)
4. Scripture equals Truth
5. Accept and value differences of opinion and have tolerance and patience.